Are you dealing with not being able to go outside and enjoy the great outdoors because of those pesky Mosquitoes? We at Bug-N-A-Rug Exterminators can help you with the mosquitoes this summer by signing you up to be a part of our mosquito control program.
What we will do is come out and spray your outdoor area for you so that you can enjoy the fun and evening cookouts without being bitten. We understand that when you live in the south, it can get a little crazy by the number of bugs that will bite you while you’re trying to relax and sometimes you just don’t want to go outside at all. But allow us to come out to your home and help rid of those pesky bugs this summer.
Did you know that about 176 known mosquito species in the United States can pose a health hazard to many people and animals? We know that when you live in the south, that the one thing that can stop you from having fun can be those pesky mosquitos. Most times before you head outside, you are spraying yourself down with some kind of bug spray and praying that one of your kids won’t put their hands in their mouth. But did you know that you can help avoid that from happening by following a few of the recommendations below?
How To Avoid Mosquitoes
- Remove any objects or things that collect water which could be old tires, buckets or even a kiddie pool filled just a little bit with water. If you are unable to remove the items, make sure that you are able to dump the remaining water out so that you are able to keep the mosquitoes from breeding in the stagnant water.
- Clean your gutters as they tend to clog if you have any trees around your home and will collect water causing them to not properly drain. If they aren’t able to drain correctly, then they will allow water to stay in them and attract the bugs. Cleaning them at least twice a year will help cut down on the mosquitoes and will allow you to make sure they are ready for the winter and summer.
- Look around your home at the screens on your windows or screened in porch. If you see that there are holes in the screens, then that will attract all insects not only mosquitoes to invading your privacy and "bug" you while you are relaxing. You can do this every year before it gets too warm out and even check a few times during the summer as well.
- Installing bug lights can sometimes help cut down the number of mosquitoes that you see at night. If you purchase a few to replace several of the outside lights, then you can turn them on and not run inside because they are being too pesky.
- If you still want to enjoy your deck or outdoor areas, then you should look into getting some plants that will help repel mosquitoes. A few of the plants that may be helpful for you to have around your yard would be citronella, peppermint, lemon balm, and marigolds. A few other plants to have might be lavender and basil which both can be very beneficial for other reasons too.
If you are still experiencing issues with keeping the number of mosquitoes away from you enjoying the outside life, then maybe a mosquito spraying program might be the way to go. We at Bug-N-A-Rug Exterminators can set you up on the program and will come out a few times a year to help with the control. We understand that living in the south will give you challenges besides the temperatures but we’d love for you to give us a chance. Just give us a call at 910-254-9443 and let’s get those mosquitoes under control for the rest of the summer into the fall. Don’t let those bugs get you down and discouraged for enjoying what is right outside your back door!