No parent wants to walk into their child’s bedroom in the morning to find them covered in bite marks from an insect infestation of any type. It’s an image you’ll never get out of your head. If you even remotely suspect you may have a bed bug problem in your home we recommend you pay close attention to what we have to tell you.
According to the National Pest Management Association (NPMA), there are ways to tell if you have bed bugs and ways to protect your family from infestations. In our recent video, you can see how easily bed bugs can exist in your environment and you may not even be aware of it.
1. If you see red, welt-like shapes on your children’s arms, it’s mostly likely they are sharing their beds with bed bugs.
2. Bed bug bites are usually found in a line pattern unlike a mosquito bite. They’ll bite anywhere – arms and legs, back, stomach, face, etc.
3. Check your children’s beds for signs of bed bugs. Adults look like an apple seed or a lentil. They’re flat, oval and wingless. Full grown adult bed bugs are about 1/4-inch long. Baby bed bugs are harder to see because they’re colorless. If you have adults you can bet you have babies, too.
4. Give the bedding a thorough inspection including the box spring/foundation and dust ruffle. As well as looking for bed bugs you should also be watching for their fecal matter, which looks like ground black pepper. There may also be blood on the sheets.
5. Bed bugs are also known to live in furniture, stored clothing, closets, TVs, and in wall sockets. Anywhere they can find darkness and warmth is fair game for them to set up housekeeping.
6. If you see signs of bed bugs the first thing you should do is call Bug-N-A-Rug Exterminators at 910-254-9443. Do not under any circumstances buy pesticide spray or bombs at the store and attempt to treat them your self. You would be doing far more harm to your family than good and very likely won’t be able to kill all the bed bugs.
At Bug-N-A-Rug we’re fully knowledgeable and experienced in pest eradication of all kinds, including bed bugs. Our thermal remediation exterminates all stages of bed bugs in just six hours without leaving any after affects. It’s harmless to the environment including your plants, children and pets. Plus we promise you’ll be rid of bed bugs within six hours – guaranteed!