If you’re selling a home, and it’s currently vacant, the chances are good that you’ll require the services of an exterminator at some point. At this time of year, Termites tend to top the list of pest infestations.
Of course, others like ants, roaches, and even bed bugs are popping up in plenty of homes that are vacant while on the market.
A handful of vacant homes for sale, such as foreclosure and short sale properties, may have never had adequate visits by a Termite exterminator simply due to neglect.
But it’s never too late to "Call in the Professionals" to treat the property.
Eradicate pests before buyers see them and you’ll stand a much better chance of selling your home.
If you’re looking for an exterminator to do an assessment prior to your purchase or to treat a home you’re about to put on the market, be sure to place a call to Bug-N-A-Rug Exterminators. We’re a provider of extermination services and can treat an assortment of pests both inside and outside of your home or business.
Our company offers assessment, extermination, control and prevention of Termites and other types of pests. We will treat your properties for any pest invasion we uncover and set you up with a maintenance program going forward to prevent a re-infestation.
Nobody wants to buy, let alone move into, a home only to discover there are termites or worse already living there. Give yourself peace of mind and treat your home prior to listing it.
Be sure to check out our Termite Facts page to learn more about Termites, some additional tips and how we might be able to help.
Signs of Termite Infestation
Termites eat wood from the inside out, so it’s not always obvious you have a problem until it’s too late. The best way to protect your home from termites is to keep watch for the following signs of termite infestation:
- Buckled or sagging wood, flooring or ceilings inside the home
- Evidence of water damage in your walls, ceilings or flooring
- Clear signs of mazes they eat out in wood
- Hollow-sounding patches in your walls or in your flooring
- Weakened wood that breaks away easily inside or outside the home
- Termite “mud tubes,” aka “Shelter Tubes”, which often present on the outside of your home
- Jammed windows and door frames may be a sign that termites have caused a structural problem around the opening
- Bubbled or distorted areas of paintwork that feel cool to the touch
- An unexplained musty odor inside the houseM
Other signs might be found on our Advance System for Termite Control page.
Give Bug-N-A-Rug Exterminators a call at (910) 254-9443 and we’ll tell you how we can help keep your vacant properties truly vacant.
If you found this article interesting and informative, you might also like Common Q & A about Termite Control in Brunswick County