BUG-N-A-RUG MOISTURE CONTROL TREATMENT
Why is excess moisture a problem?
Excess moisture in the crawl space of your home can have a devastating structural impact and potentially cost you tens of thousands of dollars in repairs. Estimates suggest over $1 billion of damage occurs every year in America as a direct result of excess moisture issues, not to mention the drop in resale value suffered by homeowners who succumb to serious problems.
What are the signs of an excess moisture problem?
Insulation dampness, peeling paint, signs of mold and fungus, and damage to the underside of roofing tiles are among the key indicators of an excess moisture problem. The bad air caused by excess moisture can also be apparent in health problems suffered by those living in the house above. You might notice allergies and asthma symptoms increase. There may be an unpleasant odor throughout the house as a result of the dampness below.
What are the biggest problems caused by excess moisture?
- Floor joists can rot as a result of excess moisture and if that happens you have a serious structural problem to deal with. If left untreated, wood joists can rot to a degree that they collapse and endanger the foundations of your house.
- Excess moisture in your crawl space promotes an unnaturally humid environment throughout your house. This can encourage the growth of mold and fungus, which will damage your home and can also trigger allergy and asthma symptoms for those living inside. Mold is also responsible for bringing bacteria into your home, and with it the danger of infection.
- Excess moisture in a crawl space impacts its insulation properties. You will therefore end up spending more to keep your house warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
- Warm, damp spaces attract insects such as cockroaches and termites to take hold in your home. A crawl space with excess moisture is the perfect home for such pests and makes for an ideal breeding ground. If you’re not careful you’ll have an infestation to deal with, on top of your moisture problem.
How does Bug-N-Rug treat excess moisture?
- We install state-of-the-art FOUNDATION POWER VENTS to regulate temperature and circulate the air in your crawl space.
- We lay PLASTIC MOISTURE BARRIERS to stop moisture from entering from the ground and to provide an unbreakable seal to the outside elements.
- We use powerful DEHUMIDIFIERS to take the moisture out of the air and dry out the dampness in structures that have been impacted by excess moisture.
What are the results of a Bug-N-Rug treatment?
These before-and-after images demonstrate the service delivered by our expert moisture control technicians. We’ll take your crawl space, remove the moisture and humidity and make it a healthy environment that is primed to resist a moisture problem developing in the future.
All of our methods are completely eco-friendly and our results guaranteed to generate the ideal crawl space conditions to promote structural safety and a healthy environment in the house above.
I think I might have a moisture problem, what’s my next step?
Call Bug-N-A-Rug on 910 254 9443 (Wilmington office) or 910 754 9700 (Brunswick County office) to schedule a completely free, no-obligation consultation at your property. Our technicians are experts at measuring moisture levels, and with nearly two decades of experience in this business we’re uniquely qualified to diagnose and remedy your moisture problem.