Termites - Termite Treatment
- Termites eat through about 600,000 homes in the U.S. each year
- An estimated $40 Billion worth of damage is done globally each year
- According to the ARS (Agricultural Research Service) of the USDA (United States Department of Agriculture), scientists in New Orleans, La., have identified 30 types of commercial lumber that attract or repel Formosan subterranean Termites
- A mature colony of these can eat up to 13 ounces of wood a day & can severely damage a structure in as little as three months
- According to the USDA, U.S. residents spend at least $1 billion on this type of Termite control and repairs each year, with some experts estimating the number to be closer to $2 billion
- And here's some more Termite Facts
Of all the pests that can invade your home, Termites do the most financial damage. Termites quite literally eat you out of house and home, munching down on thousands of dollars in equity with their destructive ways and leaving you to pick up the pieces.
Estimates have the annual cost of repairing Termite damage in America at a staggering $5 billion!
How to spot Termites
Termites are easily mistaken for Ants and other household insects.
To help you differentiate, here's a checklist of identifiable Termite features to look for:
- Termites are light-colored with a yellow-ish tone
- Termites have narrow, straight bodies
- Soldier Termites have antennae that stick out either side of their large jaws
- Worker Termites have antennae, but much smaller jaws
- Winged Termites (Alates) are responsible for reproduction and are easiest to spot in the home
- Winged Termites discard their wings in Spring, so watch for signs of wings left behind
- Evidence of Termite droppings (known as "Frass") in the home or outside the home
How to Spot Termite Damage
Termites eat wood from the inside out, so it's not always obvious you have a problem until it's too late.
The best way to protect your home from Termites is to keep a careful watch for the following signs of Termite infestation:
- Buckled or sagging wood, flooring or ceilings inside the home
- Evidence of water damage in your walls, ceilings or flooring
- Clear signs of Termite damage in wood, in the form of the mazes they eat out in wood
- Hollow-sounding patches in your walls or in your flooring
- Weakened wood that breaks away easily inside or outside the home
- Wood damage in your yard – for example on a mailbox or a piece of garden furniture
- Termite "mud tubes," aka "Shelter Tubes", which often present on the outside of your home and are a clear sign you have a problem brewing
- Jammed windows and door frames may be a sign that Termites have caused a structural problem around the opening
- Bubbled or distorted areas of paintwork that feel cool to the touch
- An unexplained musty odor inside the house
How we get rid of Termites
The technology is completely safe and eco-friendly, and its application will cause no disruption to your everyday family life.
The best part is that the process works very quickly and will terminate all Termites at your property.
Termidor Insecticide / Termiticide application Kills Termites
Termidor is applied to the perimeter of your house to defend against subterranean Termites and injected directly into colonies of Termites inside your home.
Its clear, undetectable form means that Termites inject the deadly solution without suspicion and ensures we get the job done in the most affordable and effective way possible.
Termites share Termidor with other Termites they come into contact with, spreading the cure at a prolific rate.
Why choose Bug-N-A-Rug for your Termite treatment?
Bug-N-Rug has nearly two decades of experience in the Termite business. Our expert technicians know how to locate Termites and the best possible course of action to eradicate the problem – saving you thousands of dollars in the process.
Read more about our experience and history in the About Us section.
I've got a Termite problem, what do I do next?
We'll arrange for an expert technician to visit, at your convenience, and get the problem solved in no time at all!
Not sure if you have Termites?
Our FREE consultation service is designed to put your mind at rest.
If you're not sure you have Termites, we'll answer your questions and send an expert out to make sure either way.
Tips to Prevent a Termite Infestation
The great thing about Bug-N-Rug's Termite treatment is that it passes so effectively through colonies that you'll be guarded against a Termite infestation in the future.
Here are some other measures you can take to guard you home against Termite damage:
- Clean your gutters regularly to avoid creating a welcome and moist environment
- Fix cracks or holes in woodwork - both inside and outside the home
- Keep moist plants, mulch and suchlike away from the edge of your house
- Ensure wood on the side of your house is a good distance away from the soil
- Watch for any leaks or overly-moist areas and get problems fixed quickly
- Check that your sprinkler system isn't drenching the side of your house every time it runs
As you can see, dealing effectively with moisture will help go a long way in Termite infestation prevention.