Wilmington, NC Pest Control
Keeping your home free of bugs, regardless of the season, seems like a never ending battle for many owners and renters. Yet, there are ways you can accomplish this by doing just a few things to your home during the year. Pest control is both a science and a simple string of tasks that will help your home stay cozy, inviting, and pest free. So, whether you live in a cold place like the northeast, or in a warm temperate climate, a pest control company should be on speed dial.
Here are 7 simple things you can do to keep your living space uninhabitable for these short-lived pests and make your environment the living space you can enjoy.
- Regular Maintenance – Wilmington NC pest control companies, and anywhere else in the nation, should visit your home once a month to spray your property and all those little places where bugs like to gain entrance into your home. Ask for one who will use environmentally safe products when spraying. They will also identify any existing problems you can’t easily see or detect, and take care of the matter before it becomes a big problem.
- Caulk and Seal – Caulk your windows and seal your doors. Make sure screens don’t have holes in them.
- Door Sweeps – Use these on your doors to help keep pests from crawling under the tiniest of openings.
- Keep Your Home Clean – This may sound simple enough, but bugs gravitate towards human food and dirt. A clean home gives them less of a reason to try and inhabit your home.
- Lawn Care – Bugs first congregate outside the home. While this is where they are supposed to live, certain lawn areas can hold small puddles of water and allow mosquitoes to breed.
- Clean Your Gutters – Leaf, dirt, trash, animals and bug build up occur here and draw more similar creatures to nest and grow there. Keeping them clean rids them of this manifestation opportunity.
- Cracks – Repair and cracks in your home’s exterior. Sealing these areas will keep both water and bugs out.
Wilmington NC pest control specialists deal with these issues all year long, and advise people in any part of the country to follow these 7 simple steps to help keep the bugs out.