Bed Bug Facts
America's bed bug epidemic
Bed bugs have been invading homes for centuries but only recently became a serious problem in America, with infestations dramatically on the rise since 1999. The thought of these nasty little critters crawling in your bed is enough to keep you awake at night, but the good news is there’s a highly effective way of removing bed bugs – Bug-N-A-Rug’s heat method.
How to spot bed bugs
Bed bugs can be seen with the naked eye and are most likely to be detected hiding in your bedding. They are small, oval-shaped bugs of light brown in color, and can grow up to 7mm in length. Other signs of a bed bug problem include evidence of their droppings, spots of dried blood on your sheets and the exoskeletons they leave behind during their life cycle. Bed bugs also give off a distinct, musty odor.
When the bed bugs bite
Bed bugs feed on human blood and typically bite during the night. This explains why their most common habitat in the home is the bedroom, where they have easy access to your skin while you’re sleeping. Bed bug bites will show as circular red marks, usually in clusters and most often on areas left uncovered by your sleepwear. Reactions vary, but many find
How to get rid of bed bugs
Bug-N-A-Rug’s expert technicians use a proven heat treatment called thermal remediation to remove bed bugs in a matter of hours. Our technicians will first perform a thorough inspection of your property for bed bugs. Once the problem areas are located we deploy state-of-the-art TempAir technology to raise the temperature to a maximum of 140 degrees and kill every single bed bug in the building.
Why the heat method is best for killing bed bugs
Using the Bug-N-A-Rug heat method to kill bed bugs is 100% guaranteed to work and work fast, as bed bugs need moisture, and at a certain temperature cannot survive. The other huge benefit of the heat method for bed bugs is that it’s completely safe to use in the home and can be performed without any damage to your property or belongings. The heat method is the safest and best method of removing bed bugs.
Why choose Bug-N-A-Rug for your bed bug treatment?
Bug-N-A-Rug has two decades or experience in the pest control business and is a trusted name throughout the state of North Carolina and beyond. Our bed bug heat method has been proved to deliver results every time. The service comes with our absolute guarantee of success.
I’ve got a bed bug problem, what do I do next?
That’s simple. Just call Bug-N-A-Rug on 910 254 9443 (Wilmington office) or 910 754 9700 (Brunswick County office) and we’ll arrange for a technician to visit your property. You’re a phone call away from saying goodbye to your unwanted bed bug guests forever.
Not sure you have bed bugs?
If you’re worried you might have a bed bug problem but not convinced, we’ll happily send a technician to your property, free of charge, to perform a complimentary inspection and put your mind at rest.
Tips to prevent a bed bug infestation
- - Inspect all previously owned/antique furniture that comes into your house
- - Buy bed bug-proof mattresses and box springs
- - Always check hotel beds for bed bugs
- - Check seats (for e.g. movie theater seats) for bed bugs before you sit down
- - Hot wash second-hand clothes after you buy them
- - Be careful to check surfaces before you place bags or clothes on them
- - Vacuum regularly and avoid too much clutter in areas where bugs can hide
- - Bed bugs don’t just live in beds. They can make a home anywhere in your house.
- - A bed bug infestation does not mean you have a dirty home. Bed bugs would be just as happy in the White House as your house.
- - Bed bug bites are not known to carry any kind of infection.
- - Bed bugs can’t fly. They are wingless and move around by crawling only.