Termite Treatment and Extermination
Wilmington & Brunswick County
We can save you thousands in termite damage
Bug-N-A-Rug can provide you and your family a FREE Home Evaluation to make sure we take the most effiecent approach in treating and exterminating your infestation.
How we get rid of Termites
We use industry-leading Trelona© products to treat your infestation. The technology is completely safe and eco-friendly, and its application will cause no disruption to your everyday family life.
The best part is that the process works very quickly and will terminate all Termites at your property.
Trelona© ATBS - Advance Termite Baiting System application
Termidor is applied to the perimeter of your house to defend against subterranean Termite Species and injected directly into colonies inside your home.
Its clear, undetectable form means that the treatmentis passed, without suspicion, to the rest of the colony and ensures we get the job done in the most affordable and effective way possible.
Why choose Bug-N-A-Rug?
Bug-N-Rug's pest services has nearly two decades of experience in the Termite business. Our expert technicians know how to locate and provide the best possible course of action, saving you thousands of dollars in the process. We can provide treatments to control termites and keep your budget in line.
Read more about our experience and history in the About Us section.
We'll scehdule an expert technician to visit, at your convenience, and get the problem solved in no time at all! Our FREE consultation service is designed to put your mind at rest.
- Termites eat through about 600,000 homes in the U.S. each year
- An estimated $40 Billion worth of damage is done globally each year
- According to the ARS (Agricultural Research Service) of the USDA (United States Department of Agriculture), scientists in New Orleans, La., have identified 30 types of commercial lumber that attract or repel Formosan subterranean Termites
- A mature colony of these can eat up to 13 ounces of wood a day & can severely damage a structure in as little as three months
- According to the USDA, U.S. residents spend at least $1 billion on this type of control and repairs each year, with some experts estimating the number to be closer to $2 billion
- And here's some more Facts
Of all the pests that can invade your home, Termites do the most financial damage. They quite literally eat you out of house and home, munching down on thousands of dollars in equity with their destructive ways and leaving you to pick up the pieces.
Estimates have the annual cost of repairing Termite damage in America at a staggering $5 billion!
How to spot Termites
Termites are easily mistaken for Ants and other household insects.
To help you differentiate, here's a checklist of identifiable features to look for:
- They are light-colored with a yellow-ish tone
- They have narrow, straight bodies
- Soldier Termites have antennae that stick out either side of their large jaws
- Worker Termites have antennae, but much smaller jaws
- Winged Termites (Alates) are responsible for reproduction and are easiest to spot in the home
- Winged Termites discard their wings in Spring, so watch for signs of wings left behind
- Evidence of Termite droppings (known as "Frass") in the home or outside the home
How to Spot Termite Damage
These insects eat wood from the inside out, so it's not always obvious you have a problem until it's too late.
The best way to protect your home is to keep a careful watch for the following signs of infestation:
- Buckled or sagging wood, flooring or ceilings inside the home
- Evidence of water damage in your walls, ceilings or flooring
- Clear signs are damage in wood, in the form of the mazes they eat out in wood
- Hollow-sounding patches in your walls or in your flooring
- Weakened wood that breaks away easily inside or outside the home
- Wood damage in your yard – for example on a mailbox or a piece of garden furniture
- Termite "mud tubes," aka "Shelter Tubes", which often present on the outside of your home and are a clear sign you have a problem brewing
- Jammed windows and door frames may be a sign that Termites have caused a structural problem around the opening
- Bubbled or distorted areas of paintwork that feel cool to the touch
- An unexplained musty odor inside the house
Tips to Prevent an Infestation
The great thing about Bug-N-Rug's treatment is that it passes so effectively through colonies that you'll be guarded against a Termite infestation in the future.
Here are some other measures you can take to guard you home against Termite damage:
- Clean your gutters regularly to avoid creating a welcome and moist environment
- Fix cracks or holes in woodwork - both inside and outside the home
- Keep moist plants, mulch and suchlike away from the edge of your house
- Ensure wood on the side of your house is a good distance away from the soil
- Watch for any leaks or overly-moist areas and get problems fixed quickly
- Check that your sprinkler system isn't drenching the side of your house every time it runs
As you can see, dealing effectively with moisture will help go a long way in Termite infestation prevention.
For more information, check out the Termite Facts