So you think you sleep alone? You might want to take a closer look at your mattress, foundation and sheets to be sure. You could be surprised by what you find.
Bed bugs continue to remain at epidemic proportions and are migrating across the country. No one is immune to them. They can be in the nicest of homes. While they don’t fly here on their own, they have been known to hitch a ride in people’s clothing, suitcases or other personal belongings.
5 Bed Bug Indications
When you’re looking for signs of bed bugs, be sure to look for the following indicators:
- Dark spots on your sheets, mattress and foundation that could be bed bug excrement.
- Tiny white eggs and eggshells that are about 1mm in size.
- Reddish or rusty colored stains on bed sheets, mattress or foundation.
- Live bed bugs moving around in folds of sheets or crevices of mattress or foundation, or even on the bed frame or headboard.
- Small red bite marks or rash anywhere on your body.
These are the most common indicators that you have bed bugs. There is much information available about bed bugs and everyone is looking more closely than ever at their bed linens before they crawl into bed at night. If you aren’t, we strongly recommend that you do – whether you’re at home, in someone else’s home, or even in a hotel or vacation rental.
If you’re still unsure, check out some of these other Bed Bug indication tips.
As a Raleigh, NC bed bug removal company, Bug-N-A-Rug Exterminators is able to perform a thorough bed bug removal process in your home anywhere in the Raleigh and Wilmington area. We think you should have peace of mind at night and know that when you choose to sleep alone, you really are sleeping alone.
If you would like us to come and do a thorough inspection of your home for bed bugs or other pests, you can reach us at 910-254-9443 to set up a time when we can meet. We look forward to hearing from you!