Same-Day Termite Treatments For Quick Protection!
Termite Control Near Me
Despite their small size, termites can cause large amounts of damage to your home. In fact, these destructive insects are responsible for over $5 billion in damages to homes in the United States every year. To prevent your home from becoming part of that statistic, trust Bug-N-A-Rug Exterminators.
Whether you've already noticed termites in your house or want to protect your home for the future, we have the solution for you!
Our Termite Packages
About Our Termite Services
Thanks to our warm summers, mostly mild winters, and humid climate, termites are a year-round problem in North Carolina. This means homeowners have to be extra vigilant about protecting their homes from termites because an infestation can happen at any time. While that may sound overwhelming, our termite exterminators are here to take care of all the hard work for you.
When you partner with us for termite control in Coastal Carolina, we will:
- Provide a thorough termite inspection, searching your house for signs of termite activity and damage.
- Use our findings to tailor treatment based on the severity of the infestation.
- Apply liquid treatments that eliminate termites, preventing them from causing further damage.
- Install Trelona bait stations around the perimeter of your home.
- Receive our termite-free guarantee!
Types of Termites in North Carolina and South Carolina
There are over 2,000 different species of termites in the world. Luckily, there are only two types that are common in the Carolinas: Eastern subterranean termites and Formosan termites. Each species requires different treatments, so we tailor our approach based on what kind of termite we find in your home.
Eastern Subterranean Termites
Eastern subterranean termites make their colonies underground and can contain hundreds of thousands of insects. These termites have to stay moist, otherwise their bodies will dry out and they’ll die. If they live above ground, subterranean termites create distinctive mud tubes to protect themselves from the open air. They also never sleep, allowing them to constantly eat away at your home and quickly cause significant damage.
Formosan termites are also a type of subterranean termites, however, they are more destructive and aggressive than the Eastern subterranean termites. Formosan colonies are substantially larger with several million termites. These high numbers allow them to destroy structures even faster than other species. Their colonies are both above and below ground, making them especially tricky to eliminate.
Signs of a Termite Infestation in Your House
Termite infestations are so devastating because they’re difficult to identify—you’ll likely never see actual termites unless you catch them while they’re swarming in the spring. Because of this, most people don’t realize they have a problem until their home is already damaged. To help protect your home, look out for these warning signs:
- Discarded wings: After termites swarm, they lose their wings. This results in piles of them that are often near windows and doors.
- Buckling floors: Damage to the subfloor and structural supports of your home can cause buckling, uneven, and squeaky floors.
- Hollow-sounding wood: Termites often eat the middle of wooden structures, leaving behind a shell that looks like normal wood but sounds hollow when tapped.
- Peeling paint: Termites introduce excess moisture behind your walls, which causes peeling paint that looks similar to water damage.
- Mud tubes: These thin, cylindrical tubes act like highways that allow termites to travel from the ground to your home. They’re often found on the foundation.
If you notice any of these signs, call us at [phone-number] right away to schedule a termite inspection. One of our exterminators will inspect your home to confirm the presence of termites, then create a custom treatment plan to eliminate them.
Our Termite Control Guarantee
When it comes to termites in your house, you want to know they’re gone for good. That’s why our termite treatment comes with our termite-free guarantee! If termites return after we treat your home, let us know and we’ll re-treat at no additional cost.
Areas We Service in the Coastal Carolinas
The Greater Wilmington Area, while a wonderful place to live and raise a family, has no shortage of pest-related challenges. Fortunately, we’re here to meet your every need, offering comprehensive and accessible service across Coastal Carolinas. Whether you're looking for pest control in Wilmington, or surrounding areas, we have you covered!